In order to facilite robot-mongering, I've been building a 3D printer. Specifically, it's a Prusa i3, assembled with an MDF laser cut frame, and a casual disregard for instructions.
(Manual) Calibration points for my Prusa I3:
G1 F3000 G1 X0 Y30 G1 X0 Y200 G1 X150 Y200 G1 X150 Y30
More objects to make:
- The XCLIP, a Raspberry Pi (and PCB) mounting solution
- 22mm broom handle holder
- The ultimate PEG board accessory creator v1.1
Some notes on auto bed levelling:
- Automatic bed leveling and z offset howto (Level 2/3)
- Specifically calls out sanguinololu controller and marlin firmware.
- Z-probe holder for Makerfarm i3 with auto bed-level
- Might require some modification to suit.
Here are a few useful fan/shroud projects from thingiverse:
Just a few things left to do:
[x] Cut 5/16 smooth rod to fit Z and X axes. [x] Cut M5 threaded rod to fit Z axes. [ ] Turn hobbed bolt to actually fit through 608 bearing. [x] CAD up print surface. [ ] Laser up print surface. [ ] Mount and wire up limit switches.
Which means a little shopping left.
[ ] 4x M3 hex screw for print surface levelling. Length 20mm? [ ] 1x M5 hex screw to draw m5 nuts into place. [x] 6mm acrylic for print surface. (Found in the shop). [ ] Blue painters tape. [ ] 5mm ID aquarium tubing. [ ] 4x 8mm? ID hose clamps.
A couple of interesting finds on ebay:
Ebay store with a few interesting mechanical 3D printer parts.
- 20pcs 623VV V Groove Sealed Ball Bearings Vgroove 3 X 12 X 4mm Free Shipping
- Also available from 20Pcs 623VV V Groove Sealed Ball Bearings Vgroove 3mm X 12mm X 4mm 1.2mm Deep
- 20pcs 624VV V Groove Sealed Ball Bearings Vgroove 4 X 12.6 X 6mm 1.7mm deep
- Random arduino stuff
- Pumps and water cooling
- Some mechanicals
- No organization
- Mississauga based vendor.
- Many types of grandstream VoIP phone
Following on these earlier notes, I have the following parts left to print:
- x-end-servo (2 hr 29 min)
- x-end-idler (2 hr 4 min)
- x-end-tensioner (28 min)
- x-carriage (1 hr, 51 min)
- y-belt-holder (45 min)
So thats 7 hours and about 37 minutes remaining.
Next up on the Y-Axis, I need:
[ ] 2x 370mm 8mm (5/16") smooth rods [ ] 2x 400mm 10mm (3/8") threaded rods [ ] 4x 205mm 8mm (5/16") threaded rods [ ] 22 5/16" nuts [ ] 22 5/16" washers [ ] 12 3/8" nuts [ ] 8 3/8" washers [ ] 4 3/8" fender washers
- Voxel Factory Montreal. Carries j-heads.
- EckerTech St. Catharines.
- MixShop Toronto.
- A2A Printer Markham.
- Rep Machina Laval.
- Boots Industries Quebec City.
- Revolution Printers Sidney BC.
- Tinkerine Vancouver.
Filament, Complete Machines, No Parts:
- Filaments.ca Carries flexPLA, taulman brand nylon and a few other exotic types.
- Sculpture Supply Canada Toronto. Now carries Makerbot brand supplies.
- 19USD/kg Surrey.
- Seacans Surrey. Same product art and domain registry as above.
- 3D Trend Richmond Hill.
- ORD Solutions Cambridge.
- RobotDigg China. Also on AliExpress
- http://stores.ebay.ca/geth2009 Hong Kong. Cheap Sanguinololu kits.
- RepRapDiscount China. Also on eBay Stores.
- SeeMeCNC Indiana. Lots of parts. Also push-to-connect fittings.
Current Parts List:
Electronics [x] * Sanguinololu. Some assembly required. [x] * Limit/home switches. Digikey SW776-ND? [x] * Cable mesh? Digikey A109057-01-ND 56-01-ND? [x] * Headers and pins. Molex C-Grid SL Series. [ ] * Power supply. Extruder [x] * Plastics [x] * Hobbed Bolt [x] * Hot End. Mechanical [x] * Stepper [x] * Belts and pullies. [x] * Threaded Rod (SAE). [x] * Smooth Rod (5/16" ~= 7.94mm) [x] * Laser Cut Body [ ] * Plastics [ ] * Build platform. * Bearings. [x] * LM8UU [x] * 608. [x] * 4 x 623 * Y-Axis [x] * Belt [x] * Pulley * X-Axis [x] * Belt [x] * Pulley * Z-Axis [ ] * Leadscrews [x] * 6 x #6-32 1" screws. [x] * #6-32 nuts. [x] * 12 x M3-0.50 screws for stepper motors. Supplies. [x] * Kapton tape. [ ] * Blue tape. [x] * Filament.